Seals Tanks against fuels Containing ETHANOL.
Please note this kit does not contain the Fuel Preservative.
Use POR-15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit to create a new tank inside your old one. A leaking petrol tank can be lethal, welding a tank is suicidal – this kit will put an end to the need for it. To restore your tank as good as new:
– First take POR-15 Marine Clean to remove any old fuel and contaminating deposits in your tank,
– Secondly prep your tank with POR-15 Prep and Ready (formerly Metal Ready).
– Once the surface has completely dried apply POR-15 Tank Sealer to plug any leaks.
DO NOT PUT LID BACK ON THE CAN ONCE OPENED OR IT MAY EXPLODE!
The POR-15 Car Tank Repair Kit kit contains:
– 2 x 946ml Cleaner Degreaser (was Marine Clean)
– 1 x 946ml Metal Prep (was Prep and Ready)
– 1 x Petrol Tank Sealer (946ml) that will seal up to 18 US Gallon tank / 15 UK Gallon (68L)
NOT Suitable for Plastic and Fibreglass Tanks
See the “How Do I Seal a Fuel Tank?” article in the Technical Articles section.
Read the “Dolly Springs A Leak” article to see how Robert sealed his old fuel tank.
Read “How-To Get Tanked Up with POR15 Fuel Tank Sealer” and see how Dave restore old fuel tank for Project 13/30.