Seals Tanks against fuels Containing ETHANOL.
Use POR-15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit to create a new tank inside your old one. A leaking petrol tank can be lethal, welding a tank is suicidal – this kit will put an end to the need for it. To restore your tank as good as new:
– First take POR15 Cleaner Degreaser to remove any old fuel and contaminating deposits in your tank
– Secondly prep your tank with POR15 Metal Prep to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating to prevent further rusting
– Once the surface has completely dried apply POR-15 Tank Sealer to plug any small pinhole leak
DO NOT PUT LID BACK ON THE CAN ONCE OPENED OR IT MAY EXPLODE!
The POR-15 Car Tank Repair Kit kit contains:
– 1 x 946ml Cleaner Degreaser (was Marine Clean) dissolve and remove gum and varnish that accumalates over the years.
– 1 x 946ml Metal Prep (was Prep and Ready) to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating to prevent further rusting.
– 1 x Petrol Tank Sealer (946ml) that will seal up to 18 US Gallon tank / 15 UK Gallon (68L)
NOT Suitable for Plastic and Fibreglass Tanks
Read “Dolly Springs A Leak” to see how Robert sealed his old fuel tank
Read “How-To Get Tanked Up with POR15 Fuel Tank Sealer” and see Dave restore an old fuel tank for Project 13/30.