Red Enamel Glyptal Paint seals the tiny pores left in metal after bead blasting and leaves the engine block interiors smooth. Glyptal helps keep oil clean and flowing freely. Acid and oil resistant.
Perfect for sealing porous aluminium castings.
Available as 946ml (US Quart) and Aerosol (345g)
All purpose protection in every drop!
1201 Glyptal Red Enamel does more jobs – and does them better – than any other red enamel available on the market today.
Although 1201 was originally developed as an insulating paint for electrical applications such as the treatment of coils and armatures, its outstanding resistance to corrosion, moisture, oil, acid, eat, dust and salt spray has made it popular throughout industry as a Primer, Sealer, Adhesive and Protective Finish.
- Primer for structural iron and steel
- General plant maintenance
- Sealer for concrete floors
- Primer and finish for motor, generator and transformer housings
- Anti-moisture coating on thermostat, water cooler and truck control parts
- Sealer for pipe and stud threads and vacuum systems
- Anti-corrosion protection for winches and other out-door apparatus
- Electrical insulation for coils and armatures
- Adhesive for gaskets
- Coating for interior of hydraulic tanks and bearing cases.
Glyptal is used to seal the internal surfaces of the engine block for fastest oil return to the sump. Make sure the surface is absolutely free of grease or oil!
Our PRE Painting Prep (10041) with the Engine Brush Kit does a great job of cleaning the engine block.
Be careful to avoid getting paint on machined surfaces or in oil passage ways.
Can be thinned with Xylol or Xylene.