Body Lead or Body Soldering Sticks are a tin – lead alloy, which is composed to hold the “butter” consistency over a big temperature range while it is being spread.
INTRODUCTION TO BODY SOLDERING:
– First clean the area to be filled back to bare metal with a stripping disc, sanding paper etc.
– Brush solder paint over an area slightly larger than that to be filled and heat the area gently until you see the solder paint tin the panel.
– Remove excess solder paint with a clean cloth.
– Next, melt blobs of lead onto the panel over the area to be filled.
– Prepare your paddles by warming the surface of the tallow and wiping your paddle in the molten puddle. With a suitable amount of lead now deposited on the panel, heat it carefully until it can be spread like butter with your paddle.
– Control heat carefully and keep spreading until body solder is evenly spread over area.
– Wash with cool water to quench and to remove traces of acid solder paint.
Approx 0.5kg per stick. Also available pack of 10.