The Eastwood Rust Encapsulator has proven to be superior in sunlight resistance, preventing rust creep, and overall durability. Stabilises rust and prevents further rusting. This can be used were rust cannot be removed and can be top coated with virtually all paint systems.
– Encapsulates rust and primes in one step
– Minimal prep: remove loose rust, degrease, and apply
– Compatible: with most top coats.
– Convenient: use it over or under body fillers and under lacquer, enamel, and urethane; perfect for filling pinholes and other surfaces irregularities
– Proven: tested to be more effective than other brands in UV resistance, it excels at preventing rust creep, and has outstanding overall durability
– Preventative: stabilises rust and protects against further rusting
– Versatile: spray from the high-solids aerosol, or brush directly from the can
– Safe: acid, lead, and chromate-free. Contains no isocyanates.
– Heat resistant up to 204°C.
US Quart ONLY available in Black.
Use a wire brush to remove loose rust, scale and paint, and remove dust, grease and oil deposits. Feather surrounding paint with 220-grit sandpaper. Brush-apply directly from the can, or thin 20% with lacquer thinner to spray. A single coat dries to the touch in 20 minutes, and is thoroughly dry in 3-4 hours at 68 degreesF. For greater durability, a second coat can be applied 1 hour after the first. Allow 6-8 hours after the last coat before applying topcoat. Use over or under body fillers.
Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Aerosol is also available in Black, Red and Silver.