This impressive little kit from Laser Tools (part number 6616) combines a convenient butane powered heat torch with a useful (72 piece) set of connectors that includes both heat shrink crimp and heat shrink solder joiners plus a selection of heat shrink crimp fork and eye terminals.
The compact and lightweight butane heat torch quickly and cleanly produces directional hot air, particularly suited to heat shrink tubing when making repairs to automotive wiring and cabling. Piezo ignition ignites instantly and the torch is soon up to working temperature. The clear gas reservoir enables the level of liquid butane to be seen.
The crimp connectors are crimped in the normal manner then sealed with the heat shrink insulation, but the heat shrink solder joiners are particularly useful and convenient, having a plug of low-temperature pre-fluxed solder in the centre and sheathed with heat shrink insulation. Twist the two wires to be joined, then slide the solder joiner over the joint until the plug of solder is at the centre of the joint. Use the heat torch to shrink the insulation sheath while at the same time melting the solder around the joint; the solder is drawn into the wire strands giving a secure connection.
Makes professional joints and connections every time and particularly suitable for kit car and classic car owners. Available now from your Laser Tools stockist.
An essential solder kit complete with sleeves, wire splices, fork and ring terminals.
- Kit includes a Butane Gas Heat Torch
- Consumables include: Solder sleeve wire splices 10 x AWG 22-18 red, 8 x AWG 16-14 blue, 6 x AWG12-10 yellow
- Plus: Heat shrinkable butt splice connectors – 10 X AWG22-18 red, 8 x AWG16-14 blue, 6 x AWG 12-10 yellow
- Also: Heat shrink ring terminals Size 4.3mm – 5 x red, 4 x blue, 3 x yellow
- Heat shrink fork terminals Red 4.3 mm, Blue 4.3, Yellow 5.3mm. All consumable elements can be replaced from the Connect Consumables range.