Seals Tanks against fuels Containing ETHANOL.
Use POR-15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit to create a new tank inside your old one. A leaking petrol tank can be lethal, welding a tank is suicidal – this kit will put an end to the need for it. To restore your tank as good as new:
– First take POR15 Cleaner Degreaser to remove any old fuel and contaminating deposits in your tank
– Secondly prep your tank with POR15 Metal Prep to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating to prevent further rusting
– Once the surface has completely dried apply POR-15 Tank Sealer to plug any small pinhole leak
– Finally, the Fuel Preservative and Stabiliser will prolong the life of your petrol and keep the tank clean.
DO NOT PUT LID BACK ON THE CAN ONCE OPENED OR IT MAY EXPLODE!
The POR-15 Car Tank Repair Kit kit contains:
– 1 x 946ml Cleaner Degreaser (was Marine Clean) dissolve and remove gum and varnish that accumulates over the years.
– 1 x 946ml Metal Prep (was Prep and Ready) to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating to prevent further rusting.
– 1 x Petrol Tank Sealer (946ml) that will seal up to 18 US Gallon tank / 15 UK Gallon (68L)
Not Suitable for Plastic and Fibreglass Tanks
Read “Dolly Springs A Leak” and see how Robert sealed his old fuel tank.
Read “How-To Get Tanked Up with POR15 Fuel Tank Sealer” and see how Dave restored an old fuel tank for Project 13/30.