Classic ATF F is a mineral ATF without friction improvers. As modern automatic transmissions use completely different friction materials with different friction properties, modern ATF formulations are much less suitable or unsuitable for use in classic automatic transmissions.
Premium mineral base oils and carefully selected additives provide Classic ATF F with the following properties:
- A very high and stable viscosity index
- Friction characteristics that are fully adapted to work exceptionally well with classic friction materials
- Ensures quick and accurate gear-changing with minimal slip
- A very low pour point
- Excellent oxidation stability
- Good resistance to corrosion and foaming
- Compatible with classic seals and rubbers
Classic ATF F is a premium mineral ATF for use in automatic and semi-automatic transmissions in classic vehicles that require a NON ‘Friction Modified’ ATF according to the ATF Type F specifications. Suitable for a range of classic Ford USA and EU models, along with classic models by the British Leyland Motor Corporation and Volvo, equipped with a Borg Warner transmission.
Classic ATF F is also suitable for use in classic power steering systems.
Typical standard analyses
|Density at 15 °C, kg/l||0,858|
|Viscosity 40 °C, mm²/s||34,90|
|Viscosity 100 °C, mm²/s||7,21|
|Flash Point COC, °C||195|
|Pour Point, °C||-42|
|Total Base Number, mgKOH/g||1,0|
|Brookfield -40°C, mPa.s||13200|