Written by Frank T. Sargent over 50 years ago, Key to Metal Bumping Book is still one of the best basic reference books on metal-bumping and metalwork…
Originally published in 1939, this instruction manual was revised in 1953. A practical text showing all basic hammer, dolly and spoon techniques. Key to Metal Bumping is also for any collector of U.S. nostalgia – over 70 clear illustrations, many from the 1950’s. 126 pages with over 100 illustrations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is a damaged panel?
2. Methods of repair
4. Making the analysis
5. Origin of body and fender repair tools
6. Metal bumping
7. Metal bumping procedure
8. Metal finishing tools and how to use them
9. Metal finishing procedure
11. Frame straightening and panel repair
13. Torch soldering
15. A chapter for beginners
16. Hints, short cuts, time saving tricks
17. Body and fender repair tools