Money-saving Master Steering Wheel Repair Kit restores your steering wheel to like-new condition, ready to top-coat.
Over time, UV light from the sun depletes the elastomers in your plastic or hard-rubber steering wheels, resulting in ugly cracks that really date your car. This Standard Steering Wheel Repair Kit help you bring those steering wheels back to life.
- PC-7 Epoxy
- Adhesion Promoter
- PRE Painting Prep
- Adhesion Promotor
- Instructions and Restoration Book
– Review manual for steering wheel removal. Wash wheel with dishwashing detergent and rinse.
– Once dry, wipe down with PRE Painting Prep.
– Use a triangular file to “V”-out the crack down to the metal frame.
– Mix equal parts of PC-7 Epoxy “A” and “B” sufficient to fill defects. Press PC-7 into cracks and smooth with a wet finger. Allow repair to fully harden overnight.
– Sand repair areas by hand with 220-grit abrasive paper, and then 320-grit paper.
– Wipe wheel with PRE Painting Prep, and handle with clean, disposable gloves.
– Apply Self-Etching Primer per label directions to fill minor imperfections, then topcoat.