Eastwood DOWN TO METAL® Stripper 3.78L is non-flammable and strips most finishes from metal surfaces quickly and cleanly.
- Strips acrylic, enamel, lacquer, polyurethane/urethane, waterborne and powder coatings from metal surfaces
- Non-flammable formulation
- Strip finish while still wet or allow to dry for quick, easy cleanup and disposal
- Simple and direct brush-on application
- Contains Methylene Chloride
- Works great wet or dry.
- When allowed to dry, it becomes a simple strip and discard process.
Eastwood DOWN TO METAL® Stripper is a fast, efficient and economical method of removing all types of finishes from metal surfaces of aircraft, automobiles, and trucks-wet or dry. This nonflammable stripper will remove acrylics, enamels, lacquers, polyurethanes/urethanes, and waterborne coatings while being non-corrosive to metal under normal exposure time. When allowed to dry, will not allow the old paint to re-adhere to the metal surface. This eliminates the undesirable and messy job of scraping wet paint remover from surfaces and the old method of washing wet stripper down the drain, which is hazardous to the environment. The dry mass, after scraped from the metal surface, can be swept from the floor and the biodegradable mass discarded in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
Using a brush, apply stripper in one direction using thin coats since heavy or thick coats may cause old finish to run into unwanted areas. Thin coats work best for wet stripping while medium coats are recommended for dry stripping. On vertical surfaces it is recommended to start brushing from the bottom of the panel and work upwards.Should be used when the temperatures are between 65-90F and away from strong breezes and sunlight for best results.