Seals Tanks against fuels Containing ETHANOL.
Please note this kit does not contain the Fuel Preservative and Stabilizer or foam brush
Use POR-15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit to create a new tank inside your old one. A leaking petrol tank can be lethal, welding a tank is suicidal - this kit will put an end to the need for it. To restore your tank as good as new:
- First take POR-15 Marine Clean to remove any old fuel and contaminating deposits in your tank,
- Secondly prep your tank with POR-15 Prep and Ready (formerly Metal Ready).
- Once the surface has completely dried apply POR-15 Tank Sealer to plug any leaks.
The POR-15 Car Tank Repair Kit kit contains:
- 1 x 946ml Cleaner Degreaser (was Marine Clean) dissolve and remove gum and varnish that accumalates over the years.
- 1 x 946ml Metal Prep (was Prep and Ready) to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating to prevent further rusting.
- 1 x Petrol Tank Sealer (946ml) that will seal up to 18 Gallon tank (68L)
NOT Suitable for Plastic and Fibreglass Tanks
See the "FAQs: What You Need To Know About 3 Steps to Seal An Old Tank with POR15" and "How Do I Seal a Fuel Tank?" articles in the Technical Articles section
Read "Dolly Springs A Leak" and see how Robert sealed his old fuel tank - Reviewed by Practical Classics Magazine (March issue, 2015).
Read "How-To Get Tanked Up with POR15 Fuel Tank Sealer" and see how Dave restore old fuel tank for Project 13/30 - Reviewed by American Car Magazine (April issue, 2016).
- Seems to work ok only time will tellReview by Ron
- Good solid stuffReview by Alan McMannaman
- Good stuff but not enough....Review by Proper Job
- Works well!Review by christian
- Bought this as the 'delux' kit wasn't available, but can live without the petrol additive! I’ve used the Marine Clean before and it’s really good stuff – removes what most other solutions can’t. The Prep & Ready also works well, had to do a lot of sloshing around and repositioning of the tank to get it to treat all the surfaces. Eventually used the sealer and was pleasantly surprised that it is low odor – I used it in our kitchen. You get most of the sealant back when you drain so I’ve kept it for other things. Does the job! (Posted on 11/12/2012)
Write Your Own Review
Health & Safety