Body Lead or Body Soldering Sticks are a tin - lead alloy, which is composed to hold the "butter" consistency over a big temperature range while it is being spread.
INTRODUCTION TO BODY SOLDERING:
- First clean the area to be filled back to bare metal with a stripping disc, sanding paper etc.
- Brush solder paint over an area slightly larger than that to be filled and heat the area gently until you see the solder paint tin the panel.
- Remove excess solder paint with a clean cloth.
- Next, melt blobs of lead onto the panel over the area to be filled.
- Prepare your paddles by warming the surface of the tallow and wiping your paddle in the molten puddle. With a suitable amount of lead now deposited on the panel, heat it carefully until it can be spread like butter with your paddle.
- Control heat carefully and keep spreading until body solder is evenly spread over area.
- Wash with cool water to quench and to remove traces of acid solder paint.
Also available pack of 10 for £75 (save 9.50)
Write Your Own Review
Health & Safety