Seals Tanks against fuels Containing ETHANOL.
The POR-15 Motorcycle Tank Repair kit contains everything you need to repair and restore any small fuel tank.
This tank repair sealer kit includes:
- 1 x POR-15 Marine Clean (946ml) to dissolve and remove gum and varnish that accumalates over the years;
- 1 x POR-15 Metal Ready (946ml) to remove rust, etch the interior surface, and leave a zinc phosphate coating ready to accept
- 1 x POR-15 Petrol Tank Sealer (236ml) that will seal up to 4 1/2 Gallon tank (17L)
- a cloth patch and brush in case it is necessary to externally reinforce any badly corroded areas.
- Complete with full instructions.
NOT Suitable for Plastic and Fibreglass Tanks
POR-15 Fuel Preservative and Stabilizer not included.
See the "How Do I Seal a Fuel Tank?" article in the Technical Articles section
Bought the POR15 kit for motorbikes. Took a whole day to do the tank, and dried it between treatments with a hairdryer. It took a week to cure fully of at least until the smell of evaporating thinners to go away. What a fantastic product, coated the tank easily inside, was a bit tricky to drain off excess (Tank design Honda CB900FA (1980)). Sealed a treat and works perfectly. (Posted on 29/12/2013)